Paris is positively romantic, but it’s not just a city for lovers. It’s where you can fall in love with everything from food to design. Our recent trip to Paris inspired me to pick my loves, including places to dine, shop and a few special items that you can now find at Extraordinary Desserts.
- After spending the morning browsing on Rue Cherche Midi, a charmingly chic shopping street, the ideal lunch can be found at Cuisine de Bar. The sandwiches are all opened faced, grilled on Poilane bread. This is the place that inspired our paninis!
- Brasserie Thoumieux, is a truly special spot for dinner. It appears to be a beautiful traditional brasserie, but once you step in to dine you realize it is all of that, and much more. Very hip and fashionable, but with a more contemporary menu.
- A temple of gorgeous gourmet foods, an epicurean paradise, La Grande Epecerie is my pick for a favorite spot “not to miss.” Located in the Bon Marche Department Store, there are dazzling displays of produce, baked goods, desserts, cheeses, wines, savory foods, bottled condiments…the list goes on and on. Bring your extra bag to stock up on treats to bring home.
- I can never leave Paris without being inspired to create something magical for Extraordinary Desserts. Look for these two Paris inspired desserts on your next visit.
L’Envie des Fraises is a strawberry tart updated with a new shape, a triangle. The triangle mold is new for bakers in Europe.
Chocolate dipped espresso shortbreads, like a buttery crunchy mocha!
- At our Little Italy location the merchandise items are often inspired from my travels and Paris provided some fantastic goodies including: books I love, jewelry being made for us in the South of France, and pocket books I found in France.
- Luxurious teas are a staple at Extraordinary Desserts and this one I found in France, Macaroon tea (almond meringue flavored after the confection) from Mariage Freres, is stunning to display and to sip.
Au revoir for now!