If ever there was a year to set intentions, I feel like this is it. Every beginning of a new year I set priorities and outline my future of what I need to be creating.
2019 will mark a bittersweet milestone for Extraordinary Desserts, as I close my original, beloved location on 5th Avenue in Banker’s Hill and open my new location just a block away at The Louie Lofts. We are thrilled to be staying in the neighborhood that is so close to our hearts. The gorgeous new space designed by architect Jennifer Luce will make the community proud. I want to say thank you to our loyal clientele, many of who have been with us from Day 1, as you are a big reason we get to do what we love to do.
It has been a pleasure to be a part of so many celebrations and moments in your lives and we appreciate having been a destination for gathering with friends, indulging, and treating yourselves and the ones you love.
While we will miss this cozy space, we look forward to welcoming you into our new home and filling it with the same warmth and deliciousness you’ve come to expect from our Extraordinary Desserts family.
Below are just a few snapshots and memories from over the years – it’s hard to believe how quickly time has flown by! We’ve come a long way and we look forward to welcoming you in and introducing you to the next evolution of Extraordinary Desserts in the coming weeks.
- Making sure wedding cake details are perfect.
- My first baby – Extraordinary Desserts 5th Avenue – lit up in the evening.
- Our homage to the 100-year celebration of San Diego’s iconic Balboa Park.
- Our Ivoire Royale cake photographed at the famed Marston House in Balboa Park and featured in my book, Extraordinary Cakes.
- Our delicious dessert line up at 5th Avenue.