Weddings, no matter how big or small, have always held a special place in my heart. I’m inspired by the creative elements each couple chooses to represent their love for each other when planning their wedding. Whether their aesthetic is modern or rustic, over the top or understated, I feel honored to be a part bringing their wedding day dreams to life.
Over the past year, it’s been exciting to see the direction of new wedding trends. A typical “wedding season” doesn’t necessarily exist here in Southern California where the weather permits year-round, outdoor weddings. Popular, visually-driven social media sites like Pinterest and Instagram have opened brides up to endless inspiration and ideas, freeing them from more traditional “rules” when it comes to creating their perfect day. Nowhere is that more true than with the wedding cake.
Second only to the bride when it comes to taking center stage at the wedding, the cake is perhaps the most personal choice of all and needs to be the perfect blend of style and taste.
Just like fashion, wedding cake trends most certainly come and go, but here are some of my recent creations for our brides:
- Pearls are big this year both in the fashion world and the wedding industry. Clean and Classic. Love Struck from our Weddings Portfolio is featured.
- Behind the scenes. Developing new designs for our new wedding cake collection and styling the photo shoot.
- Adding gold accents to a rustic design really elevates a simple design and creates a more luxe look. Perfect for an outdoor evening wedding.
- Black and white cakes are also trending. Elegance is featured from our Weddings Portfolio.
- Customized cake toppers are fun and chocolate cakes are also chic. A perfect example of this combination is “I love you to pieces” from our portfolio.